If you want to change your life, if you want to make an improvement in the quality of the way you are living, you should know that no drastic changes are needed. Take positive actions, make baby steps, but be persistent in doing the little things that make you happy.
Life can be a beautiful adventure, a crazy ride, and a spectacular journey. But it can also be a hard struggle or a nightmare. In every second, without realizing, you choose which side of it to embrace. It’s all up to you!
Things to do that can improve your life
- Live in a clean house: everything should have a place. If you open something, close it. If you take something from the closet, put it back. If something falls pick it up.
- Fix what needs to be fixed: a burnt light bulb, a missing button on your tv remote.
- Every day write down 5 things that you are grateful for your family, your job, losing weight
- Call your best friends to chat, on a daily basis
- Try to read every day. If you are not in the mood for a book, try a newspaper
- Have a good laugh at least once a day: if you think you can’t find any reason to do that, read some good jokes
- Learn at least one new piece of information, each day
- Stop complaining because negative talk produces negative thoughts and negative thoughts produce negative results
- Create a budget and track everything you spend for a month
- Ask yourself if you really need something, before you buy it
- Try to pay down your debts, if you have any
- Watch no more than an hour of Tv per day
- Spend no more than 20 minutes on social media websites
- Plan your next day the night before, so you can wake up more relaxed
- Create a review of each week and ask yourself: what did you accomplish, what went wrong, what went very well?
- Eat fruit and a vegetable each day
- Drink more water, it is essential for your health
- Go for long walks
- Listen to music, music always has a good effect on us
- Find something positive in your partner every day and write it down
- Say I LOVE YOU to your significant other every morning
- Hold hands and offer hugs
- Create relationships with people you admire, respect, and want to be like
- Practice empathy
- Meditate. If you didn’t know meditation can increase happiness and can reduce anger, depression, and fatigue
- Get enough sleep. The lack of sleep affects you, so don’t cheat on this chapter!
- Be optimistic, because optimism will make you healthier and happy and it will extend your life.
- Focus on the present. Learn from the past, accept it, and let it go. Don’t worry about the future, you are not there yet.
- Set realistic goals that can be achieved
- Reframe a situation in a positive light
As you can see there are a lot of things to do that can improve your life. Lucky for you, these things are not hard to do. If you set your mind on a new and improved life, the upgrade version of yourself will be taking over in no time.
My main advice?
Be positive! Be optimistic! There are a lot of advantages of being a positive person:
- We are what we think, so positive minds attract positive events
- You’ll have great and beautiful relationships
- You’ll make a better first impression
- Your health will improve and you’ll feel it
- An optimistic attitude will turn your problems into opportunities
- You will start to notice the good things in your life
- You will achieve your goals easier and quicker
Are you convinced now? When was the last time you had no stress? What changes are you willing to take in order to avoid stress in your life and improve its quality? When you’ll start?
Be honest: did you smile today?