Diabetes is a health problem that causes blood glucose levels to rise higher than normal. Type 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes and if you have it your body does not use insulin properly.
Your type 2 diabetes treatment could include traditional drugs, alternative therapies and there are also natural remedies for diabetes. So, it’s not impossible to manage type 2 diabetes.
Natural remedies for diabetes
- People using vanadium had a modest increase in insulin sensitivity
- The use of vanadium made the need for insulin lower
- Coenzyme Q10
- It can be found in meats and seafood
- It helps cells make energy
- It has antioxidant proprieties
- Plants food
- Are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fibers
People with type 2 diabetes should consume the following:
- Leafy greens
- Fenugreek seeds
- Brewer’s yeast
- Broccoli and other related greens
- They help your body to fight inflammation, using insulin
- Aloe Vera is also very good for people that try to manage type 2 diabetes because it contains phytosterol which has anti-hyperglycemic effect
If you want to manage type 2 diabetes you should consider all of these natural remedies for diabetes. Also, you should take very good care of what you are eating daily. Here are some suggestions for your meals:
Simple, important rules:
• Don’t go anywhere near wheat products.
- Every meal should contain protein and good fats.
- Eat eight to 10 servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
- Avoid processed foods, such as sweets and fast foods.
- Consume olive oil, avocado, butter, seeds and nuts, whole-fat dairy products, cheese, and yogurt.
- Eat 3 to 4 oz of nuts per day (eg, walnuts, almonds, pecans). They are very healthy and an important source of good fats.
How should a menu look like?
One or two eggs cooked as desired with nitrate-free, farm-raised bacon. For “Southerners,” grits and butter or whole fat plain yogurt with nuts and fruit.
Salad with tomatoes, carrots, beets, onions, cucumbers, black olives, and other vegetables. Add pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and feta or goat cheese. Add grilled chicken, tuna, or a hard-boiled egg. Dress with olive oil and vinegar.
You can try salmon, halibut, or sablefish and a grilled or roasted vegetable assortment. In the summer, try squash, peppers, onions, and mushrooms. In the fall and winter, try beets, carrots, onions, and potatoes
If you feel the need of sweet taste try dark chocolate (containing 70% to 80% of cacao) eaten with walnuts, almonds, cashews, or pecans. Sliced fruit such as apples or pears with a slice of cheese and nuts or peanut butter.
In order to manage type 2 diabetes, you have to consider to talk to your doctor about any drugs or natural remedies for diabetes, to make sure they are not going to interfere with your current treatment or cause other health problems.